To promote and support the activities of the Kirkcudbright Galleries, particularly through disseminating information about the gallery’s exhibitions and collections; through fund-raising to help purchase new acquisitions for the collection and to assist with costs related to the gallery’s exhibition programme.
The Friends group is an initiative of Kirkcudbright 2000 Ltd., a community group established in 1999 to campaign for the establishment of a major art gallery in Kirkcudbright in order to reflect the town’s rich art heritage. From 2000 to 2015, the group arranged an annual top-quality summer art exhibition in the former Town Hall (now the Kirkcudbright Galleries) to demonstrate the interest in and economic impact of such exhibitions. A partnership was eventually established with Dumfries and Galloway Council to drive forward Kirkcudbright 2000’s vision, culminating in the opening of the Kirkcudbright Galleries in 2018. The Friends group was launched on the 7th March 2018 and currently has over 100 members.
What We Offer
As a Friend of Kirkcudbright Galleries you will be adding that little bit extra which will help establish and maintain the success of this exciting new venture which, with your support, will bring considerable educational, cultural and economic benefit to Kirkcudbright and to the Dumfries and Galloway region as a whole.
As a Friend you will also benefit personally from –
- Invitations to opening previews of gallery exhibitions
- Free entry to charged exhibitions in the gallery on production of your Membership Card
- Discounts in the gallery shop and café on production of your Membership Card
- Direct mailing of a regular newsletter to keep you up-to-date with forthcoming exhibitions and activities in the gallery and other news and opportunities.
How to Join
Membership of the Friends is open to all by annual subscription or life membership. Current rates are as follows:
- Annual membership (Individual) £ 20
- Annual membership (Couple) £ 30
- Life membership (Individual) £150
- Junior (up to 18 years) Free
Individuals may also join as Patrons on payment of £250, which includes Life membership and the option to be named as a Patron on a permanent display within the Kirkcudbright Galleries.
Please go to our website www.friendskg.org.uk to find out more about us and to download a membership application form.